Applied Occlusal Principles
Once you have a good understanding of the theory of occlusion and have mastered Appliances it’s time to move on to the next level. Applied Occlusal Principles teaches you the Hands-On Skills to manage your patients, using your own patients!
This hands-on programme is conducted in a modern, well equipped multi-operatory Private Practice in Reading utilising one-on-one supervision with patients from your own practice, making this the most practical, efficient and cost-effective occlusion learning experience available in dentistry.
These sessions teach you to treat your own patients:
- How to conduct a thorough occlusal examination, how to manipulate your patient to CR, how to carry out muscle and joint palpation.
- How to find Centric Relation, how to take a Facebow and Bite Records, and how to use them to properly mount your own models on an articulator.
- How to choose an articulator, how to set it for your patient and how to use it properly.
- How to make, adjust and review your Stabilisation Splints.
- More practice with Jigs, Quicksplints and partial Appliances.
- We explain why Equilibration is misunderstood and why it DOESN’T damage teeth in a properly selected patient. We show you how to assess and Equilibrate your patient’s models and how you can use additive and reductive techniques to create a harmonious Occlusion for your patient.
- The big cases. Why a correctly functioning occlusion is essential for restorative cases.
As well as learning all these skills, we will teach you more about TMD, including an introduction to Intra-capsular issues, so you'll know when and how you can treat these patients and whether you should be concerned if your patient has a click.
Occlusion Management is fundamental to the delivery of first class dentistry and occlusal knowledge saves you from many mistakes and failures.
Proposed dates announced.
We hope to run the next AOP starting in Autumn 2022, over three weekends.
15/16 October 2022,
26/27 November 2022 and
14/15 January 2023
You must have completed the Appliance Course to be eligible for this AOP Course
To secure your place, we require a deposit of £400 then equal staged payments.
Normally patients pay their lab costs.
The total cost will be: £4800
Don’t worry, we will give you guidance to help you find the right patients.
Register Your Interest Now!