Basil Mizrahi: Biomechanical, Occlusal and Aesthetic Precision in Complex Cases
Friday 11 October 2019
Portland House, Bressenden Place, Westminster, London SW1E 5RS
Success of dental restorations should not only be measured by immediate outcomes such as patient comfort and appearance, but also by long-term survival and stability of the definitive restorations. Long-term success is dependent on the level of precision at which treatment is carried out. The three main areas in which this precision should be focused are precision of fit, occlusal precision, and aesthetic precision. This whole day presentation will outline progressive and predictable steps and techniques to achieve these precise end points.
About Basil Mizrahi
Dr Mizrahi is Founder and Director of Mizrahi Dental Teaching. He is a Specialist in Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics in full time private practice with a Masters Degree in Education. He is recognized as a world leader in aesthetic and restorative dentistry and is an Honorary Clinical Lecturer at the Eastman Dental Institute. He is on the GDC specialist register for Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics and is one of only a few dentists in the UK to have become a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics.
Dr Mizrahi has a highly successful dental practice and a reputation for carrying out his clinical work to the highest level of precision and expertise. It is with this same attention to detail and expertise that he carries out his teaching and the reason MDT has developed a reputation as a leading provider of advanced dental education.
Aims and objectives
- Comprehensive dentistry - How to move in the direction of doing more dentistry on less patients.
- Enhanced temporisation – the key to success. Materials and techniques
- Impressions – improving the precision. Techniques
- Occlusal precision. Bite registration techniques at different stages of treatment.
- Occlusal adjustment
- Aesthetic success – Visualisation before finalisation
- Understand how to increase the amount of comprehensive dentistry in your practice
- Understand the importance of good temporisation in the treatment of complex cases
- Understand the requirements of a good impression and how to achieve these
- Learn how to take an accurate definite bite registration in complex cases
- Understand the concept of occlusal adjustment